These Website Standard Terms And Conditions (these “Terms” or these “Website Standard Terms And Conditions”) contained herein on this web page, shall govern your use of this website, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website”). These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website and by using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website, if you have any objection to any of these Website Standard Terms And Conditions.
This Website is not for use by any minors (defined as those who are not at least 18 years of age), and you must not use this Website if you a minor.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, AmericanArmoryMuseum.com and/or its licencors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved.
You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
publishing any Website material in any media;
selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
publicly performing and/or showing any Website material; using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity; engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website; using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and AmericanArmoryMuseum.com may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
In these Website Standard Terms And Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. With respect to Your Content, by displaying it, you grant AmericanArmoryMuseum.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media. Your Content must be your own and must not be infringing on any third party’s rights. AmericanArmoryMuseum.com reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and AmericanArmoryMuseum.com makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall AmericanArmoryMuseum.com, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and AmericanArmoryMuseum.com, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent AmericanArmoryMuseum.com from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
AmericanArmoryMuseum.com is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review such Terms on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website.
AmericanArmoryMuseum.com shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between AmericanArmoryMuseum.com and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in California for the resolution of any disputes.
Introduction – Website Privacy
(1) The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
(1) information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
(2) information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
(3) information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
(4) information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
(5) information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
(6) information that you enter while using the services on our website;
(7) information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
(8) information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
(9) information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
(10) information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
(11) any other personal information that you send to us. Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
(1) administering our website and business;
(2) personalizing our website for you;
(3) enabling your use of the services available on our website;
(4) sending you goods purchased through our website;
(5) supplying services purchased through our website;
(6) sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and
(7) collecting payments from you;
(8) sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
(9) sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
(10) sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
(11) sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(12) providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
(13) dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
(14) keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
(15) verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
(16) other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
(1) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(2) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(3) in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(4) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(5) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
(1) Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
(2) Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
(3) Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
(4) You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
Retaining personal information
(1) This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
(2) Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
(3) Without prejudice to article 2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
(a) personal data type will be deleted within 12 months
(4) Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
(1) We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
(2) We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
(3) All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
(4) You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(5) You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
(1) the payment of a fee $10 US and
(2) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(1) The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
(a) we use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user (visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / enable the use of a shopping cart on the website / improve the website’s usability / analyze the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalize the website for each user / target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users / describe purpose(s);
(2) Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
(b) in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
(c) in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
(3) You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
(b) in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
(c) in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
(4) Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.